23. How does God accomplish this love in us?
God sheds His love abroad in our hearts by work of grace: changing our natures to love His glory, changing our exposure to His glory in His presence, and by changing those nurturing influences in our lives that will shape our love for Him. (Deut 30:6, Jer 31:33-34, Ezekiel 11:19-20, 2 Corinthians 3:3).
24. How is God’s glory seen and loved?
God’s glory is known where His presence is revealed (Ex 33:12-34:7).
25. How is God’s presence manifest?
God’s presence is manifest in three increasing degrees: first, His reflected presence, manifest omnipresently in the created order (Ps 139:7-12); second, His revealed presence, manifest by His Incarnate Son and His indwelling Spirit’s illumination (John 14:23) ; third, His realized presence, manifest in Heaven (Rev 21:3).
26. What is the glory of the new covenant?
After the ascension of Christ, the revealed presence of God may now be known through the indwelling of the Spirit (John 14:16-23), for we are in Christ, and Christ is in us ( John 6:56, cf. 17:23, 17:26, Gal 2:20 Eph 1:3, Col 1:27).
27. What are we to do in His presence to behold His glory, become like His glory, and beautify His glory?
28. What has God done to enable us to abide in His presence?
Each of the Persons of the Godhead have worked differently and yet in unison to enable believers to commune with God in His presence and so love Him ultimately (1 Pet 1:2).