No doubt you will have noticed a brand new site design for the Religious Affections Ministries website (unless, of course, you are reading this on an RSS feed). I’ve been wanted to update the layout and organization of the site for some time and finally found time to do it.
Here are some of the features and rationale behind this new design:
- Most of the people who visit this site are looking for help in specific areas, whether it be music philosophy, finding new hymns, or service planning.
- I have received several comments that such resources were a bit difficult to find, but now it’s easy. All articles are categorized now in a much more intuitive manner. There are 7 simple categories within which articles are grouped:
- If you hover over the “Articles” menu item above, you will see these categories listed for you. Click on any category to view articles within that category.
- Additionally, there is another menu item called “Church Ministry,” which houses various topics of practical church ministry administration and planning.
- You will also notice on the main page small boxes containing the latest editions to each category. This gives you easy access on the home page to any new articles that have been added to the primary categories of this site.
- The large “Feature” section on the main page highlights the most important articles as they are posted.
- You will also find the latest newsletters, either by clicking the “Newsletter” menu item, or looking at the appropriate box below the Feature section on the home page.
- Directly beneath the Feature section (also accessible in the menu) are the latest updates and news posted regularly. As usual, we will be posting regular news items related to the themes of this site in the News & Reviews section.
- Of course, all of this will be sent through our normal RSS feed, so be sure to subscribe in the right sidebar!
- The “Hot Topics” box in the right sidebar gives you quick access to all the latest posts and most popular posts.
Our hope is that this design/organization will provide an easier, more intuitive way for you to find exactly what you’re looking for.
Please feel free to give us comments and suggestions about this new design. This is still certainly a work in progress!