The mission of Religious Affections Ministries is to help churches conserve and nourish historic, biblical Christianity by clearly articulating the teachings of the Bible concerning truth, goodness, beauty, and rightly ordered affections in life and ministry.
One of our recent projects to help with this mission was the writing and publication of “A Conservative Christian Declaration.” We are already hearing about ways that this resource is helping pastors and churches define conservative biblical Christianity.
Another of our goals with the Declaration is to provide an informal network of individuals who affirm the values expressed in the Declaration. This will provide opportunities for mutual encouragement, especially if there are others near you who affirm the Declaration. It also enables those looking for like-minded churches to have a place to look. I regularly receive emails asking if I know of conservative churches in a given area.
It is with this in mind that I am pleased to announce that we are launching today the Conservative Christian Network.
Our network allows you to affirm the philosophical distinctives expressed in the Conservative Christian Declaration. We have created a way for individuals to list themselves as being in agreement with the Declaration as a way to identify with others who share similar conservative Christian values.
Please note the following:
- This is a listing of individuals and not necessarily churches, although you may list your church if it is generally characterized by the values affirmed in the Declaration.
- Individuals self-submit their information, which indicates their personal affirmation of the Conservative Christian Declaration.
- Religious Affections ministries reserves the right to remove a listing from this directory.
Listing yourself provides the following benefits:
- You are enabled to express your affirmation of the general philosophical principles articulated in the Conservative Christian Declaration.
- You can identify yourself with likeminded individuals and churches in your region.
- Others moving to your region can find your church based on their shared affinity for the principles in the Declaration.
Being included on this list does not indicate agreement in every area–even important ones. It simply indicates agreement on fundamental doctrine and conservative philosophy. There are other issues that may prevent cooperation on some levels, but this is at least a starting point for finding others with generally like-minded conservative values.
Our hope is that this will help conservative Christians fellowship and encourage one another!