Is Your Worship Christian or Pagan? 7 Tests by Todd Pruitt
Todd Pruit provides seven excellent principles by which we can measure whether or not our worship is pagan:
- Worship is to be regulated according to Scripture.
- Worship is the response to God’s self-revelation.
- Worship may be accompanied by affections but not guided by them.
- Worship should not be governed by pragmatic concerns.
- Worship is for God.
- Worship is not meant to facilitate mystical encounters with God.
- Worship and obedience are inseparable.
Read the whole thing: Is Your Worship Christian or Pagan? 7 Tests by Todd Pruitt – Worship.
Scott Aniol is the founder and Executive Director of Religious Affections Ministries. He is Chair of the Worship Ministry Department at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, where he teaches courses in ministry, worship, hymnology, aesthetics, culture, and philosophy. He is the author of Worship in Song: A Biblical Approach to Music and Worship, Sound Worship: A Guide to Making Musical Choices in a Noisy World, and By the Waters of Babylon: Worship in a Post-Christian Culture, and speaks around the country in churches and conferences. He is an elder in his church in Fort Worth, TX where he resides with his wife and four children. Views posted here are his own and not necessarily those of his employer.