- Resource Library
- Schedule a Meeting
Currently viewing the category: "Articles on Church"
Prayer is a necessary practice of a sound church. The role of secret and corporate prayer in the life of a Christian congregation is sometimes overlooked. Mark Dever, whose insights we value, fails to list to prayer as one of his “marks” of “healthy churches.” (Dever concedes this point and briefly addresses it in his [...]Continue Reading →
Many professing believers today are asking, “Is it really necessary at all to be a member of a visible, local church? If I am a member of the invisible, Universal Church by nature of my spirit baptism, then why should I join a local church?”
I think the Bible teaches that it is necessary to [...]Continue Reading →
As conservatives, it can be easy to grow discouraged. There are very few of us. It seems that all of American Christianity (sorry, David de Bruyn) is abandoning the way of worship that we understand to be reverent. The good, the true, and the beautiful rarely brings in an audience. Our churches are shrinking. Fundamentalism [...]Continue Reading →
On December 12, 2012 By Scott Aniol
In the past couple weeks I have tried to suggest two reasons (among many others) problems in worship exists today. The first is that pastors are untrained in worship and music, and the second is that church musicians have little theological competency.
I have observed a growing [...]Continue Reading →
- If we were to truly seek God’s grace and favor in our work through fervent prayer, who knows what God might do. ow.ly/lgfr9 8 hours ago
- 9 things you should know about Southern Baptists bit.ly/10NgAEc 8 hours ago
- Prayer is an important means God has appointed to bring efficacy to gospel ministry. ow.ly/lgfjf 8 hours ago
- The role of secret and corporate prayer in the life of a Christian congregation is sometimes overlooked. ow.ly/lgffQ 9 hours ago
- Had to fly from Chicago to DFW via New Mexico to get around all the storms! 12 hours ago