- Resource Library
- Schedule a Meeting
One feature of Religious Affections Ministries I miss is the “Web Pulse” posts Scott used to make, rounding up from the web articles related to the primary themes considered here and linking them for easy access. Sort of an occassional, targeted aggregation service it was.
So, having seen several articles over the past few weeks [...]Continue Reading →
You have been reading about orthopathy and ordinate affection, and perhaps it all sounds rather perplexing and intimidating. The controversy around these matters is unnerving and unsettling, and you wish it would go away. It has caused you some real anxiety. You are close to real distress, or worse, to dismissing the whole [...]Continue Reading →
Ryan Martin, regular contributor to Religious Affections Ministries, has successfully defended his dissertation. His Ph.D. will be conferred officially on May 11, but (for what it’s worth) he can already claim to be Dr. Martin. As with most dissertations, Ryan’s title was long and convoluted: “‘A Soul Inflamed with High Exercises [...]Continue Reading →
Many professing believers today are asking, “Is it really necessary at all to be a member of a visible, local church? If I am a member of the invisible, Universal Church by nature of my spirit baptism, then why should I join a local church?”
I think the Bible teaches that it is necessary to [...]Continue Reading →
The authority of Scripture is of utmost importance to those of us who write here on the Religious Affections blog. The Bible regulates our doctrine, our practice, and even our love. We do not believe our love is arbitrary, to be expressed by our natural whim and fancy.
We refuse to believe every theological concept [...]Continue Reading →
- It is essential we facilitate our children developing an appetite for God from an early age particularly in the home. ow.ly/lavgf 12 hours ago
- In the past family worship was not so often neglected but instead was one of the most important aspects of home life. ow.ly/lavcS 13 hours ago
- Here's a simply format you can follow to have a family devotional time this week. ow.ly/lav6L 14 hours ago
- God's plan for passing the faith down to the next generation is godly parents. ow.ly/lav6i 14 hours ago
- "Why We Sing Old Testament Psalms" feedly.com/k/114Fued 17 hours ago
- Neglected Battle Fronts
- Beyond contemporary vs. traditional
- <i>The Road to Serfdom</i> by F. A. Hayek and <i>A Humane Economy</i> by Wilhelm Röpke
- Agreeing on Our Disagreements
- What Does the Bible Really Say About Alcohol?
- Congratulations to Ryan Martin
- 3 (Free!) Minnick sermons on discernment
- Thoughts on Music not Being a Controversy When It Really is
- A Distinctly Christian Culture