The Advent and Christmas seasons are just around the corner, a wonderful time of year to sing rich Christological hymns with your church and family.
Here are two resources you might want to consider using this season:
Hymns and Carols of Advent and Christmas
Last year we published a new collection of hymns and carols for Advent and Christmas. This is simply all of the Advent/Christmas hymns included in Hymns to the Living God, published in a format convenient for caroling, home gatherings, or even church services.
You have full permission to print, copy, and use the PDF of this booklet in any way that is helpful to you.
Rejoicing in Christ, the Newborn King: 25 Meditations for Family Worship During the Christmas Season
The family time of worship can be an opportunity to help reshape the thinking of our families regarding the true significance of Christmas. This devotional is a tool to help you as a family focus your minds and hearts on the person of Jesus Christ. Our Lord had no pomp or fanfare when He entered humanity, but His birth and subsequent death and resurrection is what provides salvation to all who would believe on Him in repentant faith.
Reading this devotional will point you to Biblical truth regarding the pre-incarnate Christ, the prophecies of Christ, the purposes of Christ’s coming, and the particulars surrounding Christ’s birth. Each day is meant to help you as a family not only read about these things, but discuss them together, and then unite your voices together in singing a great Christmas hymn. May it be used to help you better rejoice in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- 25 short, yet rich devotionals for individuals or families.
- Full-page suggestedhymn for each devotional. Hymns include:
- Angels from the Realms of Glory
- Angels We Have Heard On High
- As With Gladness Men of Old
- Christians Awake
- Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus
- From Heaven above To Earth I Come
- Gentle Mary Laid Her Child
- Glory Be To God on High
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
- God’s Son Given
- Good Christian Men, Rejoice
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
- Infant Holy, Infant Lowly
- Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence
- Lo, How A Rose E’er Blooming
- O Come, All Ye Faithful
- O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
- O Little Town Of Bethlehem
- Once in Royal David’s City
- See Amid the Winter’s Snow
- Silent Night, Holy Night
- The People That In Darkness Sat
- Thou Didst Leave Thy Throne
- We Three Kings of Orient Are
- What Child is This